Betty Crocker’s Heart Healthy Cookbook shares a recipe! Treat your family to this cake roll that’s filled with chocolate pudding and pie filling mix – a luscious dessert.
For the cake:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (for dusting towel)
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sprinkles (jimmies)
- Line a 15x10x1 baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with baking spray (or grease and flour). Set aside. Sprinkle powdered sugar onto a large, clean dish towel (same size or bigger than baking sheet). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs for 2-3 minutes. Add sugar, water and vanilla and beat an additional minute until fully incorporated. Beat in flour, baking powder and salt. Pour into prepared baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately flip cake onto powdered sugar towel. Peel off parchment paper. Place a clean sheet of parchment paper over back of cake and roll cake up in towel carefully (from short end to short end). Cool for one hour.
- To make filling, beat heavy cream for several minutes until soft peaks form. Add in granulated sugar and vanilla and continue beating until desired consistency. Very gently, fold in sprinkles. Try not to over stir the sprinkles or the colors will start to bleed.
- When cake is cooled, unroll gently. Remove parchment paper and spread filling in the cake. Re-roll the cake without the towel. Sprinkle with extra powdered sugar or sprinkles, if desired. Refrigerate cake on a plate with plastic wrap over the top. Serve and enjoy! This cake is best served within 1-2 days.
*recipe adapted from Betty Crocker
Marble cake is a classic childhood cooking memory. Whether using lurid colors for a psychedelic finish, or just chocolate and vanilla, it’s a teatime treat Ingredients 225g butter, softened 225g caster sugar 4 eggs 225g self-raising flour 3 tbsp milk 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 tbsp cocoa powder Method Heat oven to 180C/gas 160C/gas 4. … Continue reading
This mini type of the traditional Red Velvet cup Cake with either white-or dark-chocolate frosting is one of the popular offerings all over the world. It is always famous in any types of occasion. Ingredients 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 2 tablespoons red food coloring 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 1/2 cups sugar 1 teaspoon cocoa … Continue reading
This recipe is useful to those who are new in the field of cooking. **You may need around 25 minutes to make these Chocolate cookies. Components which you need to make it: 2/3 cup of flours which is used in all cooking. Half tea spoonful salt Three-fourth cup grained sugar Press out one tea spoon … Continue reading
Ingredients ½ cup of boiling water 4 ounces of German’s Chocolate, Chopped Coarsely 2 cups of flour all purpose Cocoa ¼ cup 1 teaspoon of baking soda 1teaspoon of salt 2cups of sugar 1 cup of soften unsalted butter 4 big eggs, separated 1 teaspoon of vanilla Buttermilk 1 cup Filling of coconut-pecan Directions … Continue reading
Coconut macaroons are close to meringues and usually called Fraser Bell cookies, these crisp mouthfuls are as pretty as delicious. Egg whites give its airy texture. Ingredients 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut Whites of 2 large egg. 14 ounces or 1 can sweetened condensed milk 3/4 cup sugar Pinch of salt 2 teaspoons pure vanilla … Continue reading
Ingredients Flour 1 ½ cups Baking powder ¼ teaspoon 5 eggs, large and separated 5 egg yolks, large and additional to above Sugar 2 ½ cups Sugar 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract 2 tablespoons All-purpose flour 3 tablespoons Milk 1 ½ cup Rum ¼ cup Whipping cream 1 ½ cup, heavy and well chilled Directions … Continue reading
Basic Chocolate Cakes are really tasty and it is one of the demandable cakes. So do you want to prepare this cake in your home? Then just follow these procedures. Sum Time: 40 Minutes Preparation Time: 25 minutes Cooking Time: 15 Minutes Temperature of Oven: 400 F Ingredients Cake flour sifted 1 ½ cup Dutch-process … Continue reading
Oatmeal cookies are really very tasty and I am sure you will enjoy this. So I am going to give you the recipe of this tasty and yummy oatmeal cookie. Things which are needed to make it: One cup melted butter One cup sugar which is white One cup brown sugar which is packed Two … Continue reading
Peanut butter cookies are really amazing and attractive among all types of cookies. It is really tasty with amazing flavor. Components to make it: Half cup sugar Half cup brown sugar which is packed. Half cup butter in room temperature Half cup peanut butter. One egg One and one fourth cup flour Three fourth table … Continue reading